Monday, October 5, 2009

balmain







spring '10 rtw
images: style.com

everyone seems to be radically in love with this collection and maybe it's just the present state of mind i am in but, i'm not wild for it. i certainly have copious amounts of adoration for what's come down the runway however, the strong military structure and dark colors (i LOVE dark!) for spring don't seem to be fulfilling my desire for the juxtaposition of soft and hard feminine look i've been swooning over. i will say though, this collection is definitive Balmain and i love the strong shoulders, light yet heavy looking fabrics and the all around fierceness oozing down the runway. perhaps a simple change in shoe design might make this more of the perfect collection for me. i can't seem to get crazy for the shoes and that might be what's keeping me from screaming "10" at my computer.... i'll ponder it for awhile. i'm known to change my mind more than i can keep up with.
-jb

No comments:

Post a Comment